Key Best Practice Areas on managing the 10 Step SYNERGETIC Business Negotiations flow:
1. S = SMART Goals – MUST Know Strategy and Objectives
2. Y = Yours and Others’ negotiating styles, skills, reputation, and approaches to resolving issues of involved teams
Understand the Negotiating Profiles and psychology of the negotiating sides
3. N = Norms and Standards. Being aware of Standards and Norms within the environment where Negotiations takes place
4. E = Exchange Glasses - Evaluating the view, SMART Goals and understanding of situation from the other side.
5. R = Relationships. Identifying the envisioned relationship. In most cases Long Term Mutually Beneficial Partnerships.
6. G = Growing your Leverage: The BATNA options. Building a strong negotiating position by developing own BATNA
Also: Appreciating the other side’s BATNA. (Best Alternative to a Negotiating Agreement)
7. E = Establish “Positions Vs Interests – Shared – Different – In Conflict”.
Ensure that all preparation parameters needed are in place, before starting the negotiation process
TRANSACTING – AT THE TABLE
8. T = Transaction methodology. Deciding on the “who / how / when / what” elements of information and interests will be exchanged
9. I = Inventing tactics. “Inventing / Initiating / Responding – dealing with” tactics that will be utilized to drive openings and concessions
Understanding the “tips and tricks” of dealing with other side’s tactics
10. C = CLOSING. Tactics and timing on closing deals with SMART objectives